The role of Company Secretary within any company is one of the most important appointments a Board can make. It is important for your Board to have the confidence that the firm and individuals undertaking this role are experienced, knowledgeable and professional, with a keen eye for detail.
Cicero’s Company Secretaries have either completed or are currently enrolled in the Governance Institute of Australia program to ensure they have the expertise required of such an important position.
This level of professionalism enables Cicero to:
- Liaison with Australian Securities & Investment Commission (ASIC) and Australia Taxation Office (ATO)
- Prepare and lodge all announcements and relevant documents with the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) as part of continuous disclosure requirements
- Management and preparation of independently audited annual and half yearly financial reports
- Liaison with other independently appointed professionals as required – lawyers, stock brokers, accountants, auditors, geologists
- Preparation and attendance at all company meetings - Board, Annual and Extra-ordinary meetings
- Assist the Company Committees in establishing procedures and policies to effectively manage its compliance obligations
- Liaison with the company’s share registry and shareholders